BRITISH COLUMBIA PAEDIATRIC THERAPY COUNCILS
- Engage with paediatric therapists in British Columbia regarding issues and implications associated with the development and application of policies, guidelines and standards directed by the ministries and governance authorities.
- Provide a provincial voice for paediatric therapists and act as an advisory body to the various government ministries, including but not limited to the Ministry of Children and Family Development, the Ministries of Health Services and Health Planning, and the Ministry of Education on issues which affect the delivery of pediatric services.
- Actively assist the ministries and governance authorities in the development of policy relating to paediatric services.
- Identify and communicate to the ministries and governance authorities concerns and emerging issues to promote and maintain optimal health, development and well-being for children and their families who receive or are eligible to receive paediatric services.
- Network other professional organizations and consumer groups on issues of common concern.
Therapy Council Terms of Reference and Contact Information:
- The British Columbia Paediatric Occupational Therapy Council is comprised of occupational therapists who provide services to children and youth from birth to 19 years of age. These include both publicly and privately funded services. OT Council Chair: Susan Stacy, email: email@example.com
- The British Columbia Paediatric Physiotherapy Council is comprised of physiotherapists who provide acute care, early intervention and/or school age services to children and youth from birth to 19 years of age. PT Council Chair: Mike Hilliard: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Speech-Language Pathology Council is not currently active.