Vickie Meade Therapy Presents: Partners In Movement Top 10 Top Ten Strategies for Partnering with families across lifespans
September 12 @ 8:30 am - September 13 @ 4:30 pm PDT$300.00
Hosted by South Peace Child Development Centre
Interest in attending must be expressed by June 12th 2019.
Therapists begin a partnership on their first visit with a new family, whatever the age. This partnership is
honed through asking the right questions, listening for ‘I can do this’, and creating doable strategies together.
Solutions will integrate the relevant kinesiological thinking to select movements that can be part of a families’
typical day. Anticipatory guidance will illustrate these practical strategies. The participants will particularly
enjoy the family stories presenting powerful and unique perspectives on successful partnerships over 20 years
and longer. This two day course will offer participants lectures, workshop ideas and video cases to actively
select treatment objectives and integrate strategies across multiple environments.
Course objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to explain each of the following
ten steps and apply these principles in their everyday work.
1. That first visit sets the stage, interview, time to build rapport: case stories
2. Listen, listen, listen: case stories
3. The red circle of coaching! Three steps
4. Share your thoughts: the ‘ teacher role’
5. Feedback: ‘show me’ and the use of video
6. Keep the solutions simple: how understanding kinesiological development over time assists choice
7. Pace: Don’t wear people out…a lifetime is a long time
8. Team: Family as central in transdisciplinary models of service delivery
9. Equipment: Use little, time wisely
10. Importance of moving across the lifespan: Many die young for a reason