ACCESSING LIBRARIES AND SEEKING INFORMATION
Access To Health Libraries
Depending upon your employer, you may have access to health libraries at:
- Fraser Health Authority
- Interior Health Authority
- Northern Health Authority
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- Vancouver Island Health Authority
All publicly funded BC post-secondary institutions providing health education, the BC Ministry of Advanced Education, the BC Ministry of Health, the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development, all BC Health Authorities and most health professions associations have access to eHealth Library of BC.
Sunny Hill Education Resource Centre has a unique collection of books, videos, journals, board games, curricula and various educational props and materials designed for children and youth with disabilities available for loan to health professionals, educators and families.
Professional associations also offer access to indexes and data bases to members. Some professional associations also offer the support of a clinical librarian:
- HealthLink BC provides extensive multi-lingual health service information and tools. Services offered also include telephone consultation services from health service navigators, nurses, dieticians, exercise professionals and pharmacists.
- Medline Plus the US National of Library of Medicine with searchable health topics, drug and supplement information, videos and tools.
Searchable evidence summary databases and reference websites
This section provides you with information about accessing health libraries, and provides you with links to general
health information websites and searchable evidence summary databases.
- Health Conditions (Evidence, Resources and Links to Websites)
- Evidence-Based Care Recommendations: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Evidence for Practice (E4P) Syntheses & Tools – authored by Sunny Hill clinicians & researchers
- Rapid Evidence Reviews from the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) Rx for Change
- National Guidelines Clearinghouse – pediatric resources
- Evidence: Conditions and Therapies
- A-Z Disability Primer