An opportunity exists for a Pediatric Audiologist for a Community Healthcare setting in Vernon, BC. We are seeking an Audiologist who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare primarily with a pediatric population from birth to 19 years of age!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a diverse portfolio with opportunities to hone your skills working with a pediatric population as part of the BC Early Hearing Program, working in a supervisory role and liaising with other healthcare professionals both within and outside the organization. This position provides a high degree of independence with opportunities to provide feedback on program development.
This position practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC). As the successful candidate, you will provide clinical audiology services including screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment and consultation for clients; supervise Audiometric Technicians; and provide consultative and educational services to other professionals and the community.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development.
• Access to many clinical resources.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan.
• Excellent vacation entitlement.
• Relocation Allowance.
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. Whether you seek a ‘city’ lifestyle or the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
If you would love to work with a progressive and cohesive team, we would love to hear from you! Apply Today!
Community Profile: Vernon is a major vacation destination for those flocking to the Okanagan Valley and is one of those rare cities where unsurpassed beauty and an abundance of recreational and cultural activities combine to create an exceptional quality of life enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. The rocky, forested headlands and sheltered, sandy bays await you on the east side of Okanagan Lake, just a few miles south of Vernon. This is an area of undulating bench land dominated by stands of Ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, set between the rolling hills of the Thompson Plateau to the west and the peaks of the Monashee Mountains to the east.
• Graduation from a recognized Audiology program.
• One (1) years’ recent, related clinical experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current active registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC as both an Audiologist and a Hearing Instrument Practitioner.
• Eligible for membership with Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC) and/or BC Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (BCSLPA).
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Pediatric experience would be an asset. Experience with hearing aide fitting and programming would be an asset.
Sound interpersonal skills and the ability liaise with physicians and other stakeholders are essential.
Note: To be eligible for College Registration for Audiology, candidates must have passed the CASLPA exam (and meet educational requirements for same) and meet requirements for registration and licensure as a hearing instrument practitioner.