Full Time Autism Consultant
POPARD is a British Columbia Ministry of Education Program, housed within Delta School District, with office spaces located Ladner and Richmond, BC. We provide consultation and training to edu++cation staff in all public and independent schools across the province, supporting students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Typical assignments include approximately 10 weeks of travel around beautiful British Columbia, along with local districts and ample time to work on office projects.
Some benefits of working at POPARD include rich professional development and mentoring, autonomy, innovation, leadership, and research opportunities.
- BC Teacher Certification or eligibility or
- Certification as a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst, School Psychologist or Speech/Language Pathologist
- Master’s degree in special education, Speech/Language Pathology, School Psychology, or Behavior Analysis
- Advanced coursework and demonstrated knowledge of students with autism spectrum disorder and educational/school-based supports
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience as a consultant in the K-12 school system
- Experience with course and workshop development or adult education
Salary is based on the Delta School District Collective agreement and is determined based on the employee’s highest recognized degree and years of relevant experience. As of May 1, 2019, the range for this position is from the lowest salary of $55,430.74 (B.Ed. with no experience), $59,218.00 (M.A. with no experience) to the highest salary of $98, 464.01 (M.A., certified psychologist, 10 years’ experience). Note this salary range includes either a consultant stipend ($4051.79) beyond the regular teacher scale or a psychologist stipend ($7264.25) for those who are certified or registered psychologists.
Full medical and extended health benefits provided immediately. This position commences immediately. The school year of employment for 2019-2020 commences on September 3rd, and runs over the 10-month school year, including 2 weeks paid winter, 2 weeks paid spring, and 8 weeks paid summer vacation. All qualified candidates will be offered a continuing protected position.
This position is ongoing until filled by competition and interview. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Questions regarding this posting and applications may be directed to Dr. Georgina Robinson: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about POPARD can be found at www.autismoutreach.ca
For more career opportunities with SD37, please visit www.makeafuture.ca/delta