Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, and one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.8 million people, we serve 1/3 of BC’s entire population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities that expand from Burnaby to Hope.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Practice Leader, Speech Language Pathology in Delta, BC.
Build on your education and experience as you:
- Establish, implements and evaluates the speech language pathology objectives, policies, procedures, and annual department plan to meet goals and objectives as identified by the Manager.
- Provide clinical services to clients as assigned by assessing and identifying problems, formulating goals, planning and implementing treatment plan for individuals and groups and collaborating with members of the interdisciplinary team to determine optimal treatment plan.
- Participate on interdisciplinary/interdepartmental and professional committees and client conferences by attending meetings, providing input, and communicating needs and concerns related to issues including processes, equipment, patient care, quality, and workload.
- Provides education and in-service training to community agencies, patients, families, as requested, by researching topics, preparing documentation, and presenting material to facilitate achievement of treatment goals. Attends/participates in departmental, hospital, and/or regions’ educational programs as required.
- Supervise designated staff by interviewing, selecting, orientating, disciplining, directing, and carrying out performance evaluations of departmental personnel and organizing in-service education programs.
To join the organization we require you to:
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an approved educational institution
- Three (3) years related clinical experience in Speech-Language Pathology including a minimum of one (1) year in a supervisory or leadership capacity
- Current active registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC and certification in applicable advanced competency
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.