POSITION: Family Resource Worker, Pathways to Hope Program
CLASSIFICATION: Permanent Full Time 1 FTE, HSA Community Subsector- Grid 33
DATE OF POSTING: November 25, 2020
CLOSING DATE: December 09, 2020
Pathways to Hope is a new program that will enhance family support services and child-parent attachment services for families at risk. The program will provide wrap around services within a team approach. Pathways to Hope will work closely with Indigenous partners and families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides input regarding clients’ needs, performance, and progress, and assists the supervisor to develop plans to meet needs.
- Provides support, instruction and demonstrations in a variety of areas such as alternative parenting strategies, and interventions.
- Identifies community resources to meet clients’ needs, and provides related information to clients.
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as progress reports and case conference reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Diploma in Community Social Service
- Class V BC Driver’s License
- Recent, related experience of one year or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Cultural safety training and understanding of trauma informed practice
- Experience working with Indigenous children and families
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Knowledge of child development, parenting, family systems, family violence, cross-cultural issues, and community resources.
- Ability to handle conflict
Apply cover letter & resume to:
Susan Carr, Human Resources Manager
Ridge Meadows Child Development Centre
201- 21755 Lougheed Hwy. Maple Ridge BC V2X 2S2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 604-817-8447