Now This is Living!
Feeling the need to do something out of the ordinary and add some excitement to your life? Want to wake up every morning to endless recreational opportunities? Want to experience northern BC’s rich cultural heritage at its best?
With Northern Health you can enjoy a lifestyle that offers small town warmth, big city amenities, affordable living, and some of the shortest commutes in the country. That’s what we call the best of BC – without the price tag!
Speech Language Pathologist
Permanent Full Time – Prince George, BC
Reporting to the Northern Health Assessment Network Program Manager, the position provides family-centered speech & language assessment services to children with complex developmental behavioral conditions (CDBC), including Autism and FASD, from birth to age 19 and their families. As part of a multidisciplinary assessment team, the SLP provides the speech language component of an integrated assessment. Provides written reports as well verbal reports as part of a family centered case conference following the assessment. Works in an educational and support capacity to assist families and caregivers with initial strategies and suggestions related to speech language and communication.
The successful applicant must have registration as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC.
- Two (2) years clinically related experience with children and youth with complex developmental conditions or and equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Current valid Class 5 B.C. Drivers.
Check out what else you can expect by choosing Northern Health!
- Generous relocation packages for difficult to fill positions
- Northern living allowance in rural communities
- Great benefit packages and pension
- Unmatched work-life balance
- Affordable housing prices in most of our communities
- Four season, endless outdoor adventure
“Our team is amazing. We are all passionate, hard-working, focused, and determined to provide a quality service to the children and families that we work with.” – Kimberly – Speech Language Pathologist – Prince George