This is an HSA-CSSEA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership. Salary and benefits are comparable to industry standards.
Summary of Duties:
• Collaborate with family and key people in a child’s life to assess the need for intervention and to establish a service plan based on those needs;
• Support parents to provide parent-implemented interventions (formal and informal) using varied and fluid service delivery to families (group therapy, individual sessions, parent training programs, parent workshops);
• Evaluate client’s skills and progress on a regular basis using clinical judgement and reasoning as well as standardized assessments as appropriate;
• Maintain client and agency documentation as required;
• Participate in agency and interagency meetings and training as required;
• Liaise with other community service providers and professionals to coordinate service for families.
• A degree in Occupational Therapy with pediatric experience preferred;
• Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia required;
• Use of personal vehicle.
Start date: January 6, 2020
End date: October 31, 2020 (with the possibility of an extension)
Hours of Work: 24.5 hours per week
Forward resume & cover letter stating job title and posting #2019-032 to:
Zahra Lalani, Supervisor of Therapy Programs
email@example.com | Fax: (604) 540-2290