The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) is currently looking for a dedicated, energetic and organized Occupational Therapist to join our hard working team who work collaboratively and diligently to improve education for all First Nations students in BC.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) is part of the FNESC Special Education team and will provide the necessary assessments, student programming, and community and staff training as required. The Occupational Therapist will collaborate with the FNESC Special Education team to develop a realistic approach to addressing the needs of students.
Services to be provided by Occupational Therapist:
- Collaborate with school staff, parents, and community members where applicable, to develop a realistic approach to addressing the needs of students within the resources available
- Provide Occupational Therapy assessments for screened students at assigned First Nations Schools
- Provide summary of strategies/techniques to develop students’ skills
- Collaborate with the FNESC multidisciplinary team assigned to the school
Program Management & Administration
- Provide data, statistical reports as required to meet program accountability requirements and identify and implement strategies to increase program success
- Administrative duties include but are not limited to the collection of data from school visits; monthly written report for the Manager, Special Education; completion of necessary paperwork to meet the requirements of finance and personnel policies.
- Within the same scope and level as requested by the Manager, Special Education Program
The position will require an individual with the following knowledge, skills, and personal characteristics:
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC) and a Master's Degree from an accredited school of Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrate experience and clinical competence including successful observation, assessment, and therapy skills
- Ideally experience working with First Nations in the field of pediatric Occupational Therapy
- Comprehensive understanding of First Nations education issues and First Nations issues in British Columbia
- Flexibility to travel to First Nations Schools in British Columbia. Possession of a valid Class 5 driver’s license
This is a part time contract position. The Employee shall perform his/her duties at such places and during such times as may be reasonably necessary. Extensive frequent travel is required throughout the province of BC.
Regionally based within the province of British Columbia.
What we offer:
- The salary for this position is $57.00 per hour;
- Professional development and a health and wellness subsidy for all of our employees;
- Great deal of flexibility/ability to schedule your own hours;
- Opportunity to visit remote First Nations communities that you may not be able to visit otherwise;
- Opportunity to see beautiful British Columbia close up;
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team made up of educational professionals, speech language pathologist, occupational therapists, assessment coaches, etc.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in FNESC. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are only able to respond to those applicants who are selected for an interview. We cannot respond to telephone or email inquiries.
If what we have to offer fits what you’re looking for, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com