Looking for an adventure? Come explore Quesnel, located at the confluence of the Quesnel and Fraser Rivers in the historic North Cariboo’s gold rush country. You can spend your leisure time walking the River Front Trail, exploring historic Barkerville, canoeing the Bowron Lake Chain, River Rafting, Cross Country or Downhill Skiing - there’s lots to do in the Cariboo. The added bonus is that with a home-base in Quesnel, you are within easy access of many more adventures in any direction: the northern Rockies, the Chilcotin, Vancouver, Whistler, the Interior, Haida Gwaii.
The Quesnel & District Child Development Centre is a not-for-profit registered charity that is responsible for providing a wide range of services for children who require extra support and their families. As a member of the Early Intervention team at the Q&DCDC, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for all aspects of OT service delivery for preschool children (birth to school entry). The OT will also team with the Centre’s Physiotherapist to provide services for school-age children eligible for support under the School-Age Therapy program. This position involves working in community-based settings with a dynamic team of families, childcare providers, and allied professionals dedicated to providing the highest standard of integrated family-centered service.
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Previous OT and previous pediatric experience are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to relate effectively with parents, children, and school personnel
- Ability to organize time and work assignments independently
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the program
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective in a team environment that values the contribution of all members
- Superior organization and planning skills
- Evidence of a shared, reflective, adaptive leadership style
- Desire to be involved in professional development
- Innovation in learning and teaching
- Commitment to individual and organizational accountability