School District No. 22, Vernon, B.C. invites applications for an Occupational Therapist – contract position – up to 25 hrs/week. This position reports to the Director of Student Support Services, and is effective ASAP through June 30, 2019 (renewable annually).
- have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy;
- be registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia;
- have extensive experience with students with special needs, particularly those with multiple physical challenges;
- have experience working with students in integrated settings;
- have training and experience as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist; and
- have experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
Applicants must also:
- provide consultative services to students from kindergarten to grade 12;
- participate with School District No. 22 Student Support Services to assess, plan and monitor program goals and objectives; and
- provide assessments, provision of recommendations to school personnel and families, determination of equipment needs, training and monitoring of Certified Education Assistants, assessment of safety and accessibility issues and liaison with community medical professionals and institutions and educational agencies.
Experience working with children with special needs, particularly those with autism and sensory processing challenges is necessary. Experience working with children with multiple physical challenges would be an asset. A valid BC Driver’s License is required and use of a personal vehicle with mileage paid for travel to schools.
Please send your resume to the undersigned by 2:00 p.m. PST, Friday, November 22, 2018.
Christine Love – Director of Student Support Services
Please include your resume, certification, copies of transcripts, performance appraisals, practicum reports, and letters of reference.
While we thank all individuals who have submitted applications for this position, only those shortlisted will be contacted.