Kootenay Kids Society (KKS) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the part-time, temporary position of Occupational Therapist. The Occupational Therapist provides early intervention services for children aged 0 - 6 years where there are concerns regarding physical, sensory, behavioral and/or cognitive development. Working independently as well as collaboratively within a team, the Occupational Therapist applies techniques and strategies, and directs activities related to occupational therapy to assess children’s current condition and to select and prepare specific home-based or child care setting treatment programs.
Services are child focused and are provided in the setting that best meets the child’s needs whether at home, in school, on the playground or in the clinic. The Occupational Therapist provides direction and support for the child, parents, teachers, and other caregivers.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Graduate of a recognized school of Occupational Therapy.
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
- Registered member of the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia.
- Have the personality and ability to relate well to children and parents, to work independently as well as with a team of professionals
- Good organization, time and general management skills.
- Computer skills (word processing, Internet, E-mail) to do information searches, to complete client reports and to send reports as needed.
- Must undergo a criminal record check with satisfactory results, possess a valid BC driver’s license, have reliable vehicle suitable for travel, basic CPR & first aid skills.
- Pediatric training and experience is preferred.
This temporary, 21 hours/week position will begin June 2020 to provide maternity cover. The position requires membership with BCGEU and is open to all applicants.
The wage is consistent with JJEP Wage Grid Level Paraprofessional 16, [$44.08] of the Collective Agreement. The position is eligible for benefits. For a full job description got to: https://kootenaykids.ca/get-involved/
Please send a resume and letter of interest to:
Angela Morris, Operations Manager at email@example.com
Closing Date: 4:30pm Friday 24th April, 2020