This is a full time (35 hours/week) position to start February 15th, 2021. Please apply by January 29th, 2021.
The Occupational therapist is a member of an interdisciplinary School Age Therapy team which serves school aged children (ages 5 – 19). The OT provides assessment, consultation, and program recommendations to parents and teachers of students. The therapist also provides direct intervention for students who have or are at risk for or have an identified developmental delay or disability. It is the goal of therapists to work with school personnel and parents to enable the students to achieve their maximum potential and independence in all areas of life.
Our Occupational Therapist will join our organization's Pediatric Therapy Network, for peer support and individual/team mentorship. Also, within our Pediatric Therapy Network, you will have access to professional development opportunities, resource development through sharing of specialized equipment libraries and work with specialized therapeutic teams to serve across many communities of our service delivery area (communities of the Nechako Lakes, Bulkley Valley, Upper Skeena). Our Team is energized, enthusiastic and dedicated to ensuring children, youth and their families receive the highest quality of services from the Northwest Child Development Centre!
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or Rehabilitation Medicine, or equivalent.
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC.
- Eligible for membership in C.A.O.T
- Experience working directly with children, including children with developmental delays, their families, and other professionals.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to a family-centered, community-based team approach to service delivery.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required.
- Meet standard required by criminal records review process.