Join the dynamic multidisciplinary team at OSNS
We’re looking for a new Occupational Therapist to join our Autism treatment team.
Status: 0.8 FTE – full time
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 8:30 – 4:30 with some flexibility in hours.
Closing Date: June 14, 2018
The OSNS Child and Youth Development Centre is a vibrant, non-for-profit organization providing clinical therapy and support services to children with a variety of developmental conditions in families' homes, the community, or at our Centre. Our collaborative and integrated team includes; physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, early childhood educators, family support workers and psychologists.
We work in a family centered, child focused environment and enjoy close partnerships with other community agencies. We are continuously evolving to incorporate current best practices of intervention. This role will provide the opportunity to work with a dynamic, multidisciplinary team and will require that our Centre’s vision and values be represented with spirit and professionalism.
As a part of our multidisciplinary Autism treatment team, the successful candidate will provide consultation, team program planning, and follow up for children with a diagnosis of autism. We seek a clinician who believes in sharing knowledge and coaching staff in excellence in clinical care. Effective partnerships with families requires strong communication skill and clinical experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to provide professional references
- One year paediatric experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Eligibility for membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- Additional coursework in family dynamic and effective parent coaching
- Ability to create and implement short term functional and measureable goals towards documented long term outcomes
- Registered on the RASP
- Experience with early intervention Autism treatment programs
- Experience with Applied Behavioural Analysis
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide an acceptable Criminal Record Check
- Valid driver’s license.
Email CV and cover letter to:
Attn: Cathy Brett, Executive Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
OSNS Child & Youth Development Centre