Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna, B.C. invites applications, for a Part-Time (.5) Temporary Pediatric Occupational Therapist position,
Effective September 4, 2018 through June 30, 2019 (with the possibility of becoming
a part-time continuing position in the future).
Applicants must have training and experience as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist.
- have a Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy;
- be registered with the College of Occupational Therapists;
- have extensive experience with students with special needs, particularly those with multiple physical challenges;
- have experience working with students in integrated settings;
- have experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
Applicants must also:
- provide consultative services to students from kindergarten to grade 12;
- provide assessments, provision of recommendations to school personnel and families, determination of equipment needs, training and monitoring of Certified Education Assistants, assessment of safety and accessibility issues and liaison with community medical professionals and institutions and educational agencies.
Experience with children with special needs, particularly those with autism and sensory processing challenges is necessary. Experience with children with multiple physical challenges would be an asset. Salary based on experience and training. Driver’s License required and use of personal vehicle.
Please complete your on-line application form. Attach your resume (include your home phone number, cell phone number and E-Mail address), copies of transcripts, performance appraisals, practicum reports, and letters of reference, by 4:00 p.m. PST, Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
The Central Okanagan Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Director of Instruction – Human Resources
School District No. 23 (Central Okanagan)
1040 Hollywood Road, S.
Kelowna, BC V1X 4N2
Fax (250) 870- 5088