Pediatric Occupational Therapist
Department: Extended Therapy Program
Classification: Temporary Casual (up to 16 hours a week). 12 months, with possibility of extension.
Flexible work options available.
UAs a pediatric Occupational Therapist working with multidisciplinary teams, you will provide a blend of virtual telehealth and in-person care to the pediatric population following safe social distancing and Covid-19 protocols (found at www.outreachtherapy.org). You will work families within the hub community of Port Alberni, and surrounding regional district communities.
Surround yourself with the mountain lifestyle, rainforest trails, and pristine ocean. Experience the Vancouver Island way of life with an organization that recognizes the importance of balancing work and play. Our workplace culture and management philosophy encourage professional growth and supports a healthy work-life balance with a generous vacation, education, and benefits package.
Outreach Therapy is a community and client-centred not for profit agency. As such, there is meaning and purpose in your role as we work for the betterment of community health, and increase social impact. We welcome you to share your expertise with our many cultures and to do rewarding work that impacts community, children, and families.
What you bring – the basics
- Member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC with pediatric experience.
- Clear vulnerable sector record check.
- Applicant should be RASP certified or be working towards the RASP certification.
- Familiarity with funding models such as the At Home Program, Autism Funding and Jordan’s Principal is an asset.
- Experience working in a blended in-person and virtual therapy model.
- People describe you as open minded, innovative, kind, and they often look to you as a leader or mentor.
- Clear, courteous, and professional communication skills.
- You are comfortable with a digital, paperless environment.
Wages and benefits per HSA Health Science Professionals Agreement: www.hsabc.org/collective-agreements/health-science-professionals
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Susan Fox at email@example.com