This is an HSA-CSSEA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership. This position is open to male and female applicants. Salary and benefits are comparable to industry standards.
The hours for this position are flexible for up to a maximum of 35 hours per week.
Summary of Duties:
• Collaborate with family and key people in a child’s life to assess the need for intervention and to establish a service plan based on those needs;
• Support parents to provide parent-implemented interventions (formal and informal) using varied and fluid service delivery to families (group therapy, individual sessions, parent training programs, parent workshops);
• Evaluate client’s skills and progress on a regular basis using clinical judgement and reasoning as well as standardized tests as appropriate;
• Maintain client and agency documentation as required;
• Participate in agency and interagency meetings and training as required;
• Maintain knowledge and skills directly relevant to service provision through continuing education;
• Liaise with other community service providers and professionals to coordinate services for families.
• Degree in Physical Therapy;
• Current membership with the College of Physical Therapists of BC;
• 3-5 years pediatric experience preferred;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Use of personal automobile;