CHILLIWACK SCHOOL DISTRICT PHYSICAL THERAPIST
Temporary Part-Time (40%)
THE COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL DISTRICT
Chilliwack is situated in the beautiful Upper Fraser Valley, just 90 minutes from Vancouver, and is a thriving and growing community of 80,000. The school district is well known for its dedication to quality educational programs, its effective collaboration with community, parents, students and employee groups and its fiscal responsibility. The district has a strong commitment to ensuring that every student graduate with opportunities beyond graduation. The District is a growing school district with approximately 14,000 students in 32 school sites, approximately 1800 employees, and an operating budget of $150 million.
The Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy Department is comprised of school district staff members and Fraser Valley Child Development Centre (FVCDC) staff members who work together as a team to support student learning and access to education.
The successful applicant will possess:
- membership (or be eligible for membership) in the College of Physical Therapists of BC
- valid B.C. Driver's License and vehicle
- experience working as a physical therapist, preferably with children age 5 – 17
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with School Based Teams, including parents, School District personnel and outside agencies and professionals regarding the student's needs in the classroom and other school and home environments
- demonstrated ability to consult with teachers, parents, and other school personnel within the framework of an inter-disciplinary team
- proven interpersonal skills in order to develop excellent working relationships with school staff and parents
- demonstrated ability to develop and present in-service to school district personnel and parents
- demonstrated ability to establish, with School Based Teams, a method of service delivery that includes: caseload selection and scheduling, record keeping, evaluating programs, developing instructional materials and scheduling
- demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing for information and clarity
Interested candidates must submit their application complete with resume, documentation supporting credentials and three professional references with permission to contact each in confidence. (One reference must be from current supervisor). Interested applicants must apply electronically through https://bit.ly/33tivnn to: Director of Human Resources, School District No. 33 (Chilliwack), 8430 Cessna Drive, Chilliwack, B.C. V2P 7K4, Phone: 604-792-1321. For Further Information Contact: Jessica Adams-Loupret, District Vice Principal, Student Services