Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapist to join the Pediatric Team! You’ll be joining a dynamic and cohesive team, where you will work together to come up with the best solutions for children. You will be supported and offered endless learning opportunities.
Travelling throughout the community to schools and homes, you’ll offer individualized plans and physiotherapy services for school-aged children (5-19 years old) with special needs.
Key Activities include:
- Providing physiotherapy services to children with physical, neurological and developmental challenges and to those who require episodic or palliative care;
- Coordinating the care plan for children with complex health needs and collaborating with interdisciplinary team members, educational agencies, and other health care professionals/providers/community agencies to achieve excellence in health services and education.
- Performing screening and assessments
- Establishing client-centered treatment plan, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals either for individual or group therapy
- Training of/delegation to school staff including teachers & support staff
- Training and education for parents (of clients)
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Why Choose VCH:
- Work-life balance
- Stunning work locations
- Dynamic work opportunities
- "People First" Commitment
- Supportive leadership
- Clinical practice support
- Career development & education
- Competitive salary plus benefits package including extended health & dental, pension, and vacation entitlement
- Employee & Family Assistance program
- Bursaries and scholarships to assist with continuing education
- Relocation assistance may be offered
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized program with a minimum of two years recent related pediatric experience in a community setting; care management experience, clinical experience in assessment of children with physical/neurological/developmental problems, implementation of functional therapy programs and experience with equipment issues, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership with the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.