Physiotherapist, Part-Time Temporary (Maternity Leave)
26.25 hours per week,
This is an HSA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership. This posting is open to female and male applicants.
The Physiotherapist is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs to address the musculoskeletal, neurological, respiratory and perceptual motor skills of children with disabilities to optimize their development. The Physiotherapist works closely with the child’s family and community partners.
Summary of Duties:
- Plan, develop and implement service plans to address the musculoskeletal and physical needs and skills of children in order to optimize social and physical development;
- Assess and evaluate children’s physical abilities using standardized assessment;
- Plan and develop goals for physical therapy services in consultation with the family;
- Liaise with other community service providers and professionals to ensure coordinated and consistent therapies and services;
- Help students achieve their highest possible level of independent functioning within the school, home and community;
- Maintain related records and write reports as required.
- A degree in Physiotherapy with pediatric community based clinical experience preferred.
- Registration with the College of Physiotherapists required.
- Use of personal automobile required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
SHARE is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of visible minorities.