BC Children’s Hospital, $36.51 to $45.37 per hour
What you’ll do
- Provide Physiotherapy assessments using advanced skill, knowledge and clinical reasoning within assigned area.
- Apply advanced clinical knowledge and reasoning to the development and implementation of Physiotherapy treatment programs for clients/ patients including developing innovative solutions to assessment and treatment issues.
- Document information including relevant clinical data, assessments, treatment plans and progress reports and care plans.
- Assess the need for specific client/patient equipment including home/ lifestyle adaptations on and off-site and assist clients/ patients and families to obtain specific equipment to meet the individual needs of the client/ patient by performing duties such as communicating both verbally and in writing with agencies regarding the specific needs of the client/ patient and requesting funding and liaising with suppliers regarding equipment needs.
- Maintain communication with clients/ patients and families and/ or caregivers in order to foster optimal progress for the client/ patient through methods such as establishing and maintaining supportive, collaborative and therapeutic relationships.
What you bring
- Baccalaureate Degree in Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation Sciences and/or licensure with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience including one year working with the designated patient population within BC Children’s Hospital or BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Plus 50 hours of post graduate course work/training related to additional procedures, techniques or job functions for assigned area.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $36.51 to $45.37 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
Monday to Friday: 0800 to 1600
Requisition Number: 99682
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click on the link below to apply: