Are you looking to transform your physiotherapy practice to a new level and join a supportive team and an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Physiotherapy Department at Mission Memorial Hospital. Mission is situated on a coastal mountain slope overlooking the lush valley of the Fraser River. The West Coast Express commuter rail offers easy access to many urban centres. Some of the outdoor activities include fishing for salmon or giant white sturgeon, drag racing at Mission Raceway, hiking at Golden Ears Provincial Park, and swimming in Alouette Lake.
About Fraser Health Authority
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Fraser Health extends from Metro Vancouver to the Fraser Valley and includes 12 acute care hospitals, provides a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and residential care facilities, and has BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre. Aside from being known as one of the most desirable places to live in the world, Metro Vancouver offers inspiring scenery, easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities, as well as a diverse urban lifestyle.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, professionalism and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
About the Position
This full-time relief position is located on the PATH unit and is Monday – Friday from 0800-1600.
You will work within a supportive, collaborative team with numerous educational, teaching and mentorship opportunities.
This opportunity will allow you to:
- Assess clients physical status, functional abilities, needs, and goals to improve, maintain or support physical performance.
- Provide patients with diagnosis, prognosis and develops short and long term goals to achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Implement of interventions in accordance with established treatment guidelines and educate patients and caregivers regarding self-management, health promotion and injury/disability prevention.
- Collaborate and communicate with the multi- disciplinary team on issues that will affect the care, transfer and discharge plan for the patient.
- Participate in maintaining seamless quality patient care by identifying appropriate referrals for physiotherapy services and support patient and family participation in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the care plan.
- Provide physiotherapy information and in-services to a range of healthcare teams and attend meetings as a representative of physiotherapy.
- Participate in team/program activities required to improve and optimize the delivery of care and to facilitate evidence-based practice.
- Participate in approved physical therapy and interprofessional research, special projects, and committees including professional practice councils.
Education, Training and Experience:
Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
- Knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a patient and family centered model of care.
- Strong awareness of the CPTBC standards of practice and practice guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other medical professions and their role in patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with patients and all members of the interprofessional care team, both verbally (one-on-one and in groups) and in writing.
- Confidence in teaching patients, caregivers, rehabilitation assistants and other health care providers.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration in a team environment.
- Ability to establish workload priorities and adjust to unexpected events.
Have we interested you in finding out more about joining this amazing team? Want to know more?
Take the next step and apply so we can continue this conversation.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.