Will be working within all 7 CHC's, CRT, HSCL, QRT, Home Vive Status: Regular Part Time - Float (0.60 FTE) Start Date: As soon as possible Salary: $34.36 - $42.87 per hour Hours: 0830-1630 Reference#: 114205-jga
The Patient Population
As a Home Health Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health, you will support a diverse population of adult and older adult clients who have acute episodic or chronic conditions with musculo-skeletal, cardio-respiratory, neurological and/or other needs, including palliative care needs.
The Nature of Your Work
Working without general supervision, you will provide physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes by:
- Planning, delivering, evaluating and providing care coordination to address the needs of clients and families experiencing physical impairment and acute/chronic disease within community, ambulatory and institutional settings.
- Collaborating with family members or significant others, inter-disciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to address the client’s functional / physical / social / cognitive / perceptual / environmental needs to maximize capabilities, community participation, recovery from, or adaptation to, illness/impairment and achieve excellence in health services and education.
- The nature of your support/assistance/treatment to your clients could include:
- Performing assessments
- Establishing client-centered treatment plan, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals
- Promoting client self-management in order to maintain/improve physical performance, function and participation in daily activities so clients can remain in their chosen homes as long as possible.
- Partnering with clients/caregivers and a diverse interdisciplinary team, as well as other VCH teams and external care providers in the course of your work.
- Contributing to the organization and the delivery of physiotherapy services by participating in program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education.
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred and continuum based care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Degree in physiotherapy or rehabilitation medicine.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- As required, valid BC Driver’s License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.