Assignment: Speech and Language Pathologist
The assignment may change due to the itinerant nature of the position, or to meet the needs of the school’s educational program, grade organization, and/or enrolment.
1.00 FTE TEMPORARY
Commencing as soon as possible until June 30, 2020 or upon notification that the temporary
position will end earlier due to budgetary issues or declining enrolment.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assist teachers in planning for developmentally responsive learning experiences which reflect the unique needs of learners;
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff, students, parents and outside agencies as appropriate;
- Work in consultation with Case Managers in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans for students who require additional support;
- Integrate use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to support teaching and learning;
- Work in collaboration with classroom teachers to plan for modification or adaptation of curriculum to meet the diverse needs of all learners.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology;
- Registration with the BC College of Speech and Hearing professionals;
- Experience and training in working with a variety of student learning needs;
- Experience working in the school system;
- Training and experience in the diagnosis and remediation of learning difficulties in early learners;
- Training and experience in remediation of language deficits and disabilities;
- Training and experience with implementing augmentative communication programs, including computer technology;
- Experience in the diagnosis and remediation of speech and language impairments in school-aged children;
- Experience in implementing a variety of methods and instructional strategies in support of phonemic awareness and beginning reading;
- Experience in adapting and modifying curriculum to meet individual student needs;
- Experience in the use of assessment tools for the purpose of planning effective instruction and intervention.
Make a Future / School District 69 (Qualicum)
School District 69 (Qualicum)
Director of Human Resources - School District 69 (Qualicum)
100 Jensen Ave. East, Box 430, Parksville, BC V9P 2G5
Fax: (250) 954-1259 Email: email@example.com