Come join our dynamic team at the Nanaimo Child Development Centre, located on Central Vancouver Island, British Columbia, with easy access to Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria, Mt. Washington, and Tofino. As a centre of excellence for central Vancouver Island, we believe in evidence-based and collaborative practices. Nanaimo offers an active lifestyle incorporating a thriving arts, culture and music scene with the ocean at your front door and the mountains in your backyard. We are looking forward to meeting you!
As the 4th member of a team of friendly and supportive Speech Language Pathologists, you will provide family-centred pediatric speech and language assessment, consultation and intervention for children with a broad range of communication needs. You will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team that includes Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Infant Development Consultants, Supported Child Development Consultants, and Family Development Consultants to provide centre based and community based services.
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology or equivalent.
- Current active registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC
- 2 years’ experience and/or commitment to working in a family centered, collaborative service model.
- Experience providing services to children from birth to school entry who have difficulties in the areas of speech and/or language as well as other developmental areas
- Experience with AAC
- Knowledge/training in feeding, augmentative and alternative forms of communication: i.e. sign language, picture and/or symbol communication and technological aids.
- Knowledge of group processes and facilitation techniques an asset.
- Previous experience or interest in working with a pediatric caseload.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid First Aid Certificate / CPR as required.
- Valid driver’s license and available vehicle/transportation with adequate insurance.
- Criminal record check clearance.
- Physically capable of performing all aspects of the job.
- Computer literacy
Complete Job Description available at www.nanaimocdc.com