Speech Language Assistant
MISSION PUBLIC SCHOOLS (District #75)
We are accepting applications for a term Speech Language Assistant, 27.5 hours per week. This is work of a support nature, assisting the district Speech Language Pathologists by working with children who are in need of speech and/or language therapy in a number of schools in the district.
Communication between District Speech Language Pathologists and the speech language assistant, regarding student progress, takes place on a regular basis and includes the speech language assistant's written observations. The speech language assistant must be flexible in order to adjust the work schedule to suit the needs of the students.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES:
- Completion of a recognized college diploma in a Communication Assistant program
- Valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s license; a drivers abstract to be provided annually
- A clear criminal record check to be updated every five (5) years
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in a similar role related experience working with children
- Proven interest in, and ability to work with children who have speech/language problems
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Experience and knowledge in augmentative communication would be considered an asset
- Competent written and verbal communication skills to work with students to provide feed-back to the Speech Language Pathologists and Administrative Officers
- Good observation, articulation and listening discrimination skills and the ability to keep accurate notes
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity toward students with widely varied backgrounds and abilities
- Flexibility and patience in adapting style of presentation to suit the varied needs of students being served
- Willing to participate in related in-service training
To apply please visit https://bit.ly/3csMoYR
We regret only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.