Under the direction of the Program Manager, Speech-Language Pathology, the Speech-Language Pathologist is responsible for the delivery of speech and language services for preschool-aged clients in the community. Responsibilities include the delivery of intake, consultation, assessment, therapy and education services using standard and advanced procedures. The administration and management of the local Speech-Language Pathology Program is also a function of this position.
Education and Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of British Columbia.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a personal vehicle
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and organize workload
- Ability to organize and conduct workshops and seminars on speech-language development/communication disorders
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position
- Ability to operate related equipment
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.