November 28, 2018
ASSOCIATED PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
18-075 A temporary .6 FTE (with possibility of continuing), Speech & Language Pathologist position is available effective February 01, 2019 to June 28, 2019.
18-076 A temporary .5 FTE to 1.0 FTE (with possibility of continuing), Speech & Language Pathologist position is available effective September 03, 2019 to June 26, 2020.
School District 72 is located on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, extending north to Sayward and south to Oyster River serving a population of approx. 43,000.
The Campbell River region offers amazing outdoor adventure opportunities; there are over 100km of mountain biking trails in Campbell River alone. The community stretches along the beautiful coastline of the Pacific Ocean with access to many local islands, including Read, Cortes, and Quadra whose families are served by the SD72. Campbell River attracts visitors from around the world to explore its impressive waterfalls, rustic campgrounds, and many hidden lakes. For those who prefer a bird’s eye view, the Mount Washington Resort offers year round outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, and extreme mountain biking.
The District’s Speech & Language Pathologists are part of Learning Support Services Department, an active, dynamic, and innovative team of associated professionals who bring a high level of specialized skills to work with our teachers, support staff, and students at the centre of education in the District’s schools.
Joining our team offers the autonomy to develop therapy intervention within a strong and cohesive multi-disciplinary environment.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Speech & Language Pathology;
- Membership, or eligibility to be a member, of the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC;
- The ability to work in a team environment on an itinerant basis;
- The passion to support, develop, and inspire others in the field of communication;
- The commitment to evidence-based and innovative practice;
- An energetic, creative approach, with the flexibility to respond to multiple high demands;
- Excellent problem-solving skills; and,
- Access to a vehicle and the ability to work across different sites.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
· Cover Letter Stating Posting Number
· Updated Resume
· Make a Future Online Application
· Names and Contact Information of Referees, including most recent Supervisors
*References must have knowledge of the applicant’s professional abilities; and, preferably have supervised their work.
**Placement on salary scale is subject to verification of experience and certification and will be done in accordance with the current Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through Make a Future
In the event of challenges with the Make a Future website, candidates may contact Make a Future directly for assistance at 1-877-900-5627, ext. 224; or, 1-866-806-6851.
Alternatively, candidates may contact the Human Resources Department at SD72 at 250-830-2311; or, visit our office at 425 Pinecrest Road in Campbell River for assistance in creating a PDF of their application.
Applications will be accepted until the posting is filled.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, starting
December 14, 2018
Please address cover letter to:
Nadine Duret-Sauer, Human Resources Officer
All candidates are thanked for their applications; however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.