Are you motivated to join a dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role? Are you interested in a career where you can make an impact on the well-being of others? If you have answered yes then we want you to keep reading.
Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, and one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.8 million people, we serve 1/3 of BC’s entire population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities that expand from Burnaby to Hope.
We currently have an exciting regular full time opportunity for a Speech Language Pathologist in our Public Health Department located in the Fraser East community of Mission, British Columbia.
In this position you will be responsible to perform screening, assessment, diagnosis, intervention and follow-up for preschool clients with hearing, communication, and related disorders within Fraser Health, and in accordance with Speech/Language Pathology standards and scope of clinical practice.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Plan, implement, and record client treatment programs in collaboration with team members and client/family goals.
- Maintain related records, documentation, and statistics.
- Advise members of the team of significant changes in client’s communicative status.
- Provide guidance to Speech Language Assistants by ensuring standards are met, are familiar with program policies and directives through a process of orientation, and regular communication and updates.
- Participate on interdisciplinary/interdepartmental program meetings, committees and case conferences as requested.
- Participate in program planning for Speech/Language Pathology Services.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in Speech/Language Pathology and contributing to the improvement of care.
- Participate in graduate level student supervision as required.
To join this team you will have:
- Graduated from an approved Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- A Clinic based model of service.
- Community experience.
- Multi-Clinician work sites.
- Excellent opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
To apply, please visit https://careers.fraserhealth.ca/search-jobs/posting-details/?posting=1149478E create a profile, and apply online.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.