Are you someone who enjoys providing speech language assessment? Do you want to work for one of British Columbia's top employers? Do you have knowledge of the CSHHPBC standards of practice and practice guidelines for clinical practitioners? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading.
Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, and one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.8 million people, we serve 1/3 of BC's entire population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities that expand from Burnaby to Hope.
Fraser Health has an exciting full time multi-site opportunity for a Speech Language Pathologist on our website at https://careers.fraserhealth.ca/search-jobs/?search&ogid=56&scid=787
Build on your education and experience as you:
- Provide speech language assessment of the patient's communication, speech and swallow functional abilities, needs, and goals by methods such as reviewing records, gathering information, interviewing the patient, identifying patient and speech language pathologist expectations, selecting and applying evidence-based assessment methods, consulting with members of the health care team, performing examinations, and monitoring the patient's health to improve, maintain or support speech, language, voice and or swallowing performance.
- Implement interventions in accordance with established treatment guidelines and educates patients and caregivers regarding self-management, health promotion and injury/disability prevention.
- Participate in team/program activities required to improve and optimize the delivery of care and to facilitate evidence-based practice. Promotes quality and safety principles, identifies processes/procedures that require improvement and provides recommendations for review.
- Participate in maintaining seamless quality patient care by identifying appropriate referrals for speech language pathology services, screening for priority of intervention, and identifying and facilitating referrals to appropriate health care/community programs.
To join the organization we require you to have:
- Current registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC) including applicable College certification(s)
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.