This is an HSA-CSSEA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership. This position is open to male and female applicants. Salary and benefits are comparable to industry standards.
Summary of Duties:
• Collaborate with family and key people in a child’s life to assess the need for intervention and to establish a service plan based on those needs;
• Support parents to provide parent-implemented interventions (formal and informal) using varied and fluid service delivery to families (group therapy, individual sessions, parent training programs, parent workshops);
• Evaluate client’s skills and progress on a regular basis using clinical judgement and reasoning as well as standardized tests as appropriate;
• Maintain client and agency documentation as required;
• Participate in agency and interagency meetings and training as required;
• Maintain knowledge and skills directly relevant to service provision through continuing education;
• Liaise with other community service providers and professionals to coordinate services for families.
• Degree in Speech Language Pathology;
• Current membership with the College of Speech & Hearing Health Professionals of BC;
• 3-5 years pediatric experience preferred;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Use of personal automobile;
• Hanen Certification, particularly More Than Words® and TalkAbility™, and experience working within interdisciplinary service delivery in a family-centered model are highly desirable.
Forward resume & cover letter stating job title and posting #2019-014 to:
Zahra Lalani, Supervisor of Therapy Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: (604) 540-2290