* 1.0 FTE Continuing Speech Language Pathologist
The successful candidate will have:
- Master's Degree in Speech and Language Pathology
- Eligibility for membership in College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of BC
- Experience with school age population
- Knowledge and experience working with students in designated ministry categories, level 1 and 2
- Experience with students on the autism spectrum
- Ability to administer appropriate standardized assessments
- Training and experience with augmentative communication programs would be an asset
School District #71- Comox Valley is committed to preparing all learners for a changing world. We engage learners to develop creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication and social competencies. Our teachers use and develop best practices through meaningful and purposeful collaboration and inquiry. As lifelong learners themselves, our teachers embrace diversity, apply assessment for learning approaches, and integrate technology in meaningful ways to personalize learning. Successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to embrace and share the district’s commitments outlined above and model its principles in their practice.
We can only consider qualified applicants who submit a complete application package containing the following:
- Full completion of the Portfolio sections labeled Personal Information, Language Skills, Experience, Education and References;
- A letter of application and a chronological resume (most recent information first) outlining your education, teaching experience and professional development; and
- Copy of official University transcripts.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply in confidence by submitting a cover letter outlining how they meet the hiring criteria, a chronological resume with the name, phone number /email address of three professional references through https://bit.ly/39F7Bfo The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received prior to 1:00 pm (Pacific Time) on Friday, May 29, 2020 will be assured careful consideration.
Successful applicants will be required to successfully complete the district’s medical form and a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in School District 71 (Comox Valley).
An Equal Opportunity Employer.