We’re looking for Speech Language Pathologist to join our Early Intervention program team.
Status: Full time- Maternity leave coverage
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 8:30 – 4:30 with some flexibility in hours
Wage: HSA Collective Agreement starting $33.59
Benefit: Generous medical and dental benefits
Start Date: ASAP
The OSNS Child and Youth Development Centre is a vibrant, non-for-profit organization providing clinical therapy and support services to children with a variety of developmental conditions in families' homes, the community, or at our Centre. Our collaborative and integrated team includes; physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, early childhood educators, family support workers and psychologists.
We work in a family centred, child focused environment and enjoy close partnerships with other community agencies. We are continuously evolving to incorporate current best practices of intervention. This role will provide the opportunity to work with a dynamic, multidisciplinary team and will require that our Centre’s vision and values be represented with spirit and professionalism.
As a part of our multidisciplinary early intervention program team, the successful candidate will provide assessment, consultation and intervention for children birth to school entry. We seek a clinician who believes in sharing knowledge and coaching families in excellence in clinical care. Effective partnerships with families requires strong communication skill and clinical experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Two years paediatric experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Membership in the College of Speech and Hearing Health Care Professionals of BC
- Additional coursework in family dynamic and effective parent coaching preferred
- Ability to create and implement short term functional and measurable goals towards documented long term outcomes
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide an acceptable Criminal Record Check
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to provide professional references
- Mentoring opportunity available
Email CV and cover letter to:
Attn: Kate Smith
OSNS Child & Youth Development Centre