Is there anything better than helping to shape the life of a child?
Dynamic Speech Language Therapy Assistant
Status: Regular, full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Penticton, with some travel to our outlying communities. Use of personal vehicle may be required.
Wages: In accordance with the HSA Agreement, Community Subsector
Closing date: November 20, 2018
The OSNS Child and Youth Development Centre is a vibrant, non-for-profit organization with a long history of providing clinical therapy and support services to children with a variety of developmental conditions at our Centre, in families' homes or in the community. Our collaborative and integrated team includes: physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, early childhood educators, family support workers and psychologists. We work in family centered, child focused environment and enjoy close partnerships with other community agencies. We are continuously evolving to incorporate current best practices of intervention. This role will provide the opportunity to work with a dynamic, multidisciplinary team and will require that our Centre’s vision and values be represented with spirit and professionalism.
Under the guidance and direction of the occupational/physical/speech language therapists, the therapy assistants will:
- See children referred to speech language therapy in small groups and in 1:1 settings
- Prepare and maintain therapy materials, book clients, track progress in therapy, fabricate equipment, and help maintain information in our database.
Qualifications, Abilities and Attributes
- Diploma in Speech/Language Therapy Assistant
- Experience working with preschool children with special needs is an asset
- Ability to work independently required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and planning/implementation skills
- Professional references
- Demonstrated personal and professional attributes that align with OSNS Mission, Vision and Values
- Participation in meetings and training as scheduled
- Available for shifts between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday with some flexibility in hours
- Ability to provide an acceptable criminal record check and driver’s license abstract.
Email cover letter and resume, by 9:00 a.m., November 20, 2018 to:
Attn: Cathy Brett, Executive Assistant
OSNS Child and Youth Development Centre
All qualified applicants will receive a reply. We look forward to getting to know you.