|Speech and Language Pathologist
Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23, Kelowna, BC) invites applications for a Speech and Language Pathologist.
Applicants must have training at the Master's Degree level and experience as a Speech/Language Pathologist. Applicants must also be a member of CASLPA and/or BCASLPA; be able to provide assessment, remediation and consultative help for children with disorders in communication; be able to provide programs and services for children with a wide range of communication disorders (voice, language, articulation/phonology, fluency) and augmentative/alternative communication needs; be able to work with a wide variety of support professionals; and be prepared to assist school based teams to develop appropriate IEPs. In addition, all applicants must be prepared to use technology (e.g.: computers, voice-mail, e-mail, web sites, MyEd BC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, and reporting purposes; and be prepared to support the school and district goals.
Preference will be given to those applicants who:
• have experience working collaboratively in classrooms with teachers to develop classroom plans for students with speech language concerns;
• have experience providing liaison with programs offered by external agencies;
• have experience providing liaison between home and school for children in need of social, emotional and behavioural support;
• are willing to work in a collaborative/team environment;
• develop appropriate programs to support students with speech language concerns.
For information on this position, please contact the Director of Instruction - Student Support Services at 250-860-8888.
Please create your application, complete with cover letter and a comprehensive resume (include your home phone number, cell phone number and E-Mail address) and copies of supporting documents plus the names of three references by 4 pm pst January 31, 2017 to:
http://bit.ly/2iF1v8j or www.makeafuture.ca/central-okanagan
Director of Instruction – Human Resources
Central Okanagan Public Schools
1940 Underhill Street
Kelowna, BC V1X 5X7
Fax: (250) 870-5088