|Reporting to the Director of Psychology and Family Services, the person in this position will provide services to families including intake and case management, family and individual assessment, group facilitation, short term counselling and support, advocacy and referral. Family Centred service planning and delivery methods according to policies and procedures of the employer to be used throughout.
• Facilitate the referral process for families referred to the Centre. Includes providing assistance with referral documentation, collect written information in support of the referral, e.g., previous reports and assessments.
• Assess needs of children and families including coping abilities and functioning in family service plan meetings, in other multi-disciplinary meetings and with children and families individually.
• Coordinate referrals to needed services including those internal to the agency and external to the agency.
• Assess needs of children/families for participation in groups and receive referrals for same according to policies and procedures of the employer.
• Set up groups including choosing themes and topics based on assessment of needs of children and families, creating and/or modifying curricula, advertising group, reserving time, space and resources, and facilitating groups.
• Provide counselling, support, advocacy and make referrals to needed internal and external services.