|The Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District is a dynamic mid-sized district located one hour east of Vancouver, serving approximately 15,000 Kindergarten to Grade 12 students. Our District is committed to providing inclusive, relevant educational programs within a context of “excellence” and learning for the future. The district is seeking a Speech and Language Pathologist effective September 1, 2017 at 0.60 FTE.
Reporting to the Director of Instruction: Learning Services, the speech and language pathologist provides assistance to schools in the identification and planning process, at both the school and District levels, for learners with special needs.
The preferred candidate will have:
Education and Experience:
• A Master’s Degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
• Membership in the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working within the elementary and secondary school context
• Outstanding communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with school based teams and families
• Knowledge and experience working with students with autism spectrum disorders and students who require augmentative communication systems
• Ability to be flexible and creative.
Applications for this position, along with supporting documentation, should be submitted to the Human Resources Department or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.