| SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20 (KOOTENAY-COLUMBIA)
For the 2017-2018 School Year
Posting Date: June 9, 2017
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST – DISTRICT
0.5 FTE - Continuing: September 1, 2017
• Assessment, direct & consultative support to special needs students and regular students (priority K-3), as well as consultative support for parents, teachers and education assistants
• Itinerant position
• Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from a recognized university
• Eligible for current membership in BCASLPA
• Experience in working with students with diverse needs and school-aged children
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
• Demonstrated expertise in the application of Augmentative Communication Devices and Programs to support struggling learners
• Experience working in an education setting is preferred
• Must have a car and a valid BC driver’s licence for travel from school to school
• Eligible for registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of British Columbia (CSHHPBC)
Salary & Benefits:
• In accordance with the Teacher’s Collective Agreement.
Applications should be sent to Mrs. Marcy VanKoughnett, Asst. Superintendent, School District No. 20 (Kootenay-Columbia) 2001 3rd Avenue, Trail, BC V1R 4T2 BY 12:00 (Noon), Monday, June 19, 2017.
Please note we only accept online applications.
Please apply online through www.makeafuture.ca/kootenay-columbia
Applicants agree to confidential reference checks, including all previous employers.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.