|Join a dynamic non-profit agency and enjoy working with a team of professionals dedicated to the development of children and families in the communities of Nelson and surrounding region.
Kootenay Kids Society's Pediatric Therapy program operates under a family-centered model. As Occupational Therapist, you will provide early intervention services for children 0 - 6 years of age where there are concerns regarding physical, sensory, behavioral and/or cognitive development. Services are child focused and provided in the setting that best meets the child’s needs whether at home, in school, on the playground or in the clinic. You will provide direction and support for the child, parents, teachers, and other caregivers.
This is a part-time position, 0.5 FTE (17.5 hours/week) from August 15, 2017 to August 31, 2018 to cover a maternity leave. There is flexibility in the hours and days of work.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate of a recognized school of Occupational Therapy.
- Registered member of the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia.
- Pediatric training and a minimum of two (2) years of recent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to children and parents.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team of professionals.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Computer skills (word processing, Internet, E-mail).
- Must undergo a criminal record check with satisfactory results.
- Valid BC driver’s license and access to own reliable, insured vehicle suitable for travel.
- Maintain training in basic CPR and first aid.
Closing date for applications is July 20, 2017.
Visit www.kootenaykids.ca under ‘Get Involved – Jobs’ for a full job description.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to the attention of:
Program Administrator and Therapy Assistant
Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
Kootenay Kids Society
312 Silica St., Nelson BC V1L 4M5