|Job title :SPEECH–LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST – EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
Community :WILLIAMS LAKE
Facility :CARIBOO COMM HLTH SERV
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
An exciting Speech-Language Pathologist opportunity is available at Interior Health’s Cariboo Community Health Services in Williams Lake. The successful applicant will be someone who meets the required qualifications of the position and who is enthusiastic about working to support families in the promotion of their childrens’ communication development.
Under the general direction of the Professional Practice Leader, this position provides family-centered speech & language services to children from birth to school entry and their families. Responsibilities include the provision of a full range of clinical services, community consultation and education, and implementation of a population health approach to promote healthy communication in the general population.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a variety of speech language disorders.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides screening, assessment, and diagnostic services using standardized and non-standardized procedures. Makes recommendations based on assessment findings.
• Provides a full range of intervention services.
• Routinely reviews clients’ progress and adjusts client goals and intervention strategies accordingly.
• Participates in coordinated interdisciplinary services by making referrals to other service providers, consulting with families and other professionals to ensure a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach, and advocating to meet the needs of clients and families, when appropriate.
• Establishes and maintains electronic and written records. Manages caseload using data from the current clinical records system. Prepares reports on a routine and/or requested basis.
• Assists in managing the referrals, caseload and waitlist.
• Uses population health approaches to track and prevent communication delays/disorders in the birth to school-entry population. Promotes healthy communication development/practices and early identification/referral. Initiates and participates in educational activities to build community awareness. Participates in multi-disciplinary initiatives targeting early childhood development, and collaborates with and acts as a resource for colleagues, community agencies and others.
This position is temporary full time until the return of the incumbent. It includes our comprehensive benefits plan including coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, Extended Health, Group Life Insurance and Pension.
Set in the heart of the Frontier, amid lakes and rolling ranchland, Williams Lake has been the focal point and service centre for the ranches of the Cariboo and Chilcotin regions since the turn of the century. Williams Lake persevered to become the modern commercial centre and transportation hub of the historically famous Cariboo. The town retains that magical “western frontier character”, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Its’ central location, at the junction of Highway 97 to the north and the Bella Coola highway (Hwy 20), makes it an excellent place from which to foray into the surrounding regions.
If you are passionate about speech language pathology and are looking to develop a rewarding career that truly makes a difference in the lives of others, apply today!
• Registration as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC.
• One year’s experience in working with clients in Early Childhood Development setting and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.