|A temporary full-time (1.0) Speech Language Pathologist is required by School District No. 60 (Peace River North) effective September 1, 2017 until the return of the incumbent but not beyond June 30, 2017. The assignment will be at Learning Services.
We are dedicated to providing services that assist students to develop the attitudes, skills and knowledge required to successfully participate in educational experiences. We provide indirect and direct service to the student and/or the school community. Our collective knowledge, skills, energy, creativity and empathy support and nurture this process.
Our philosophy is consistent with our District’s mission statement, “Together, We Learn” and with that of the Ministry of Education and the Special Education Programs Branch. Our own department’s mission statement, “Achieve ~ Believe ~ Connect!” demonstrates our commitment towards appropriate education and achievements for all children. We love the relevance in our logo! See www.prn.bc.ca/ls/for more information.
Qualifications and Experience
• Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for)
• Masters Degree in Speech / Language Pathology
• Canadian Association of Speech / Language Pathologists and Audiologists certification or equivalent and eligibility for BCASLPA and CASLPA membership
• Successful experience working with school age children, including children with Autism and developmental delays
• Ability to work successfully with school teams to provide interventions for students at the Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 levels of support
• Willingness to work in a collaborative environment to collectively design interventions for Speech and Language development
• Knowledge of augmentative communication systems
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• Valid BC driver's license and use of personal vehicle
Interested applicants are required to supply
• Three (3) references
• Verification of qualifications (BC Teacher Certificate)
For more information please contact:
Keith MacGillivray, Principal, Learning Services 250.329.5949 or email@example.com