|This is an HSA-CSSEA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership. This position is open to male and female applicants. Salary and benefits are comparable to industry standards.
Summary of Duties:
• Collaborate with family and key people in a child’s life to assess the need for intervention and to establish a service plan based on those needs;
• Support parents to provide parent-implemented interventions (formal and informal) using varied and fluid service delivery to families (group therapy, individual sessions, parent training programs, parent workshops);
• Evaluate client’s skills and progress on a regular basis using clinical judgement and reasoning as well as standardized tests as appropriate;
• Maintain client and agency documentation as required;
• Participate in agency and interagency meetings and training as required;
• Maintain knowledge and skills directly relevant to service provision through continuing education;
• Liaise with other community service providers and professionals to coordinate services for families.
• Master’s degree specific to this discipline;
• Current membership with the College of Speech & Hearing Health Professionals of BC;
• 3-5 years paediatric experience preferred;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Use of personal automobile;
• Hanen Certification, particularly More Than Words® and TalkAbility™, and experience working within interdisciplinary service delivery in a family-centered model are highly desirable.
Forward resume & cover letter stating job title and posting #2017-035 to:
Claire MacLean, Director – Programs & Services
Fax: (604) 540-2290
Closing Date: October 10, 2017. This posting will remain open until filled.
SHARE is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of visible minorities