|We are looking for a new Behaviour Consultant to join our team!
Status: Regular part time (0.8 FTE)
Wage & Benefits: In accordance with the HSA Agreement Paramedical Subsector
This is us:
OSNS Child and Youth Development Centre is a vibrant organization providing pediatric habilitation/rehabilitation services including clinical therapy and support programs. Our collaborative multidisciplinary team includes physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, early childhood educators, family support workers, behaviour interventionists and psychologists.
We are looking for a behaviour consultant to join our multidisciplinary team. We teach children functional skills in all areas of development including cognition, communication, fine and gross motor, self-care, play and social skills using both DTT and NTS consistent with the teaching principles and practices of applied behavioural analysis. We use functional behaviour assessments and positive behaviour support to address challenging behaviours.
This is you:
We seek a dynamic behaviour consultant with experience in applied behaviour analysis, working with young children and early intervention therapists. A good fit is a BC who is engaging, energetic, and collaborative: someone who has a passion for effective multidisciplinary practice and the creation of solid, functional plans of intervention. The abilities to provide support to families one on one and to plan and facilitate caregiver education groups (i.e. workshops), will also be important in this position.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Category A Behaviour Consultant on the BC Registry for Autism Service Providers
• BCBA preferred
• Experience working in a pediatric setting
• Experience preparing Behavioural Plans of Intervention and Positive Behaviour Support plans
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Access to a reliable vehicle as there may be travel to outreach communities
• Acceptable Criminal Record Check required
• Valid BC driverís license
• Professional references required.
Email CV and cover letter to:
Attn: Manisha Willms, Executive Director
OSNS Child & Youth Development Centre