|Are you confident in providing pediatric physical therapy services to pre-school and school aged children? Are you a team player who’s flexible, willing to learn, and motivated to provide a high quality of care? Do you want to an opportunity to join the healthcare team in Invermere, BC?
Invermere Health Centre is seeking a permanent part-time Physiotherapist who is experienced in Pediatrics. Days of work will be Wednesdays but may be flexible.
The Physiotherapist works independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team providing physiotherapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. The Physiotherapist contributes to the organization and the overall goals of the profession, department; participates in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education; and provides work direction to the rehabilitation assistant working with the rehabilitation team.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collegially shares information, support and advice related to children with special needs as part of a broader health care team.
• Applies appropriate caseload management strategies including prioritizing waitlists, designing functional programs, maintaining statistical information, developing evaluation procedures, and progress monitoring methods, etc.
• Performs pediatric assessments when requested and where relevant.
• Develops goal directed treatment programs that integrate therapy goals into the child’s daily schedule as soon as possible, in order to ensure behavioral changes are incorporated into the child’s normal routine.
• Provides families with the skills to enable them to become an active member of the team developing programs for their child and advocate on their own behalf.
• Develops and maintains reports and client records in accordance with professional standards to ensure legal and data requirements are met.
• Provides consultation, direction and training to school staff, community workers, daycare workers and others in applying therapies for working with children with special needs.
• Attends meetings/clinics as required by the employer.
• Maintains professional competency and comprehensive knowledge of the current state of clinical practice and research related to physical therapy and related fields.
• Develops programs and strategies consistent with the philosophy outlined in the Early Intervention Programs, Ministry for Child and Family Development.
This position is eligible for our impressive comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health including Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, and Physiotherapist services, plus Life Insurance.
Situated on the edge of Lake Windermere in the valley between the Rocky and Purcell Mountain ranges, Invermere (population 3,000) is the economic hub of the Columbia Valley and boasts a healthy tourism industry. People come here to relax, to spend summer afternoons at the beach, to go boating, river rafting and golfing. There are spectacular parks in the area, offering hiking, fishing and even wild hot springs. In winter, the big attraction is skiing or heli-skiing. Of course, any time of year is a good time to soak in the mineral pools at the nearby hot springs.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
•Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
•Valid BC Driver’s license where required.