- Information prepared by the Provincial Paediatric Therapy Recruitment and Retention Coordinator (2010) updated by Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children in 2018.
- UBC Department of Physical Therapy Clinical Educators website
Take a student
Benefits of taking students include:
- Professional growth opportunities for clinical educators:
– Students bring new ideas and stimulate clinical reasoning skills
– Can enhance career opportunities and professional development
– Increased connections with UBC and the potential to enjoy the benefits of being a UBC Clinical Faculty Member
- Enhanced service delivery, recruitment and retention for the clinical site:
– Clinical placements can provide a positive net effect on service delivery
– Students are more likely to take jobs at organizations where they have had a positive experience in a practicum
– Practicums provide organizations with an opportunity to see how the quality of the student’s work and how they ‘fit’ within the organization
– Students who have completed a practicum require less time and training when they do start work at an organization
For more information about
the benefits of taking a student
UBC CLINICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS:
CONTACT DETAILS AND EDUCATOR RESOURCES
The Fieldwork Section of the UBC Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy website provides information about how to become a Clinical Site or Fieldwork Educator. In addition, this site provides resources to support Clinical Sites and Educators including: documentation, podcasts, blogs, online education and information about free Educator Workshops. Contact: email@example.com.
The UBC Physical Therapy Clinical Educators site provides information about how to become a Clinical Site or Educator. In addition, this site provides resources to support Clinical Sites and Educators including: documentation, toolkits, e-learning modules, information about free Clinical Education Workshops and how you can become a UBC PT Clinical Faculty Member. Contacts for the UBC Physical Therapy Clinical Education Program can be found at this link.
- Information prepared by the Provincial Paediatric Therapy Recruitment and Retention Coordinator (2010) was developed by the Office of the Provincial Paediatric Therapy Recruitment and Retention Coordinator and updated by Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children in 2018. This document provides practical resources for clinical educators.
- E-Tips for Practice Education provides 8 FREE stand-alone interactive educational modules for preceptors developed by an inter-professional team of healthcare educators. Each module takes 10-25 minutes to complete.
- Interprofessional Clinical Education Experiences this manual provides resources, information and tools for incorporating interprofessional practice experiences in clinical practicums.
- Preceptor Education Program for Health Professionals and Students. This online interprofessional program developed by Western University provides 9 e-learning modules for clinical educators and students with learning exercises, video case scenarios and references. Each module takes about 30-45 minutes to complete.
- Preceptor eLearning Course provides 5 free modules to support clinical educators including teaching methods, evaluation and feedback, supporting students facing learning challenges and strategies for fostering interprofessional learning developed by Dalhousie University.