Employment Regulations

Occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists are governed by Colleges under the British Columbia Health Professions Act

Therapists must apply for and maintain registration in good standing with the appropriate College to practice in British Columbia. Colleges set the standards that registered therapists are required to meet and ensure the public is provided with safe and ethical practice by competent therapists.

Health Professions Colleges:

New graduates can work with provisional registration status under the general supervision of a therapist with full registration status.  Refer to the information for new graduates on your college website for details and requirements.

For general information about Employment Standards and Regulations in British Columbia, including topics such as wages, hours of work, statutory holidays and vacation, refer to the Government of British Columbia Employment Standards webpage.