School District No. 83
0.900 FTE Speech-Language Pathologist
This is a continuing assignment effective immediately.
- Provide itinerant speech & language services to several public schools.
- Provide speech-language assessment, consultation and direct service for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 (with emphasis on the elementary grades).
- Design and implement intervention strategies for students with communication disorders. This will include supporting students both inside and outside the classroom across a wide spectrum of needs, including those with learning disabilities, autism, and other developmental disabilities. Some students may require various forms of augmentative communication.
- Participate in school-based team meetings.
- Provide direction for and work with CEA's providing speech and language program follow-up.
- Provide information about communication development and disorders to learning resource teachers,
- classroom teachers, parents and others in the school setting and in the community.
- Work as part of the speech-language department team as well as the Student Services team.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from a recognized institution;
- Registrant of the BC College of Speech and Hearing Health Professions;
- Valid BC Driver’s License and use of your own vehicle;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Previous experience working in a school setting would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Criminal Record Check is required for employment with any BC School District.
Mileage allowance will be provided and a full range of benefits is available. Salary is based on the teachers’ salary grid.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Carol-Ann Leidloff at email@example.com Director of Instruction – Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
To submit your application for this job posting, please visit Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3dtPmRX.
Deadline date for receipt of application is: 12:00 NOON, September 30, 2022 or until filled.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S.D. 83 - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER