START DATE: ASAP
JOB TITLE: Child & Youth Care Worker
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Contribute to the integration, interdependence, and self-reliance of children and youth and their families. Services include assisting parents to develop parenting skills, referring clients to appropriate community services, and introducing clients to positive social and recreational activities.
- A diploma in the Human Service Field or a degree in Social Work, Child & Youth care or a behavioural science.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, good computer skills including the use of email, internet, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to teach/model childcare and parenting skills and to work effectively with other professionals.
- Must be energetic and physically fit.
- Skills in administering assessments and report writing are necessary.
- Must be able to participate in strenuous outdoor activities such as kayaking, mountain biking and hiking.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular office hours.
- Valid First Aid certificate and CPR training (or willing to obtain)
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC driver’s license and have access to reliable vehicle suitable for travel.
- Current satisfactory criminal record check required.
CLOSING DATE: position is open until filled
SUBMIT RÉSUMÉS TO:
Jessica Dunn, Operations Manager
Cariboo Chilcotin Child Development Centre
690 Second Avenue North
Williams Lake, BC V2G 4C4
Fax: (250) 392-4432