Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Family and Child Therapist to join the Richmond Community Mental Health Team in Richmond, BC. Click here to apply today to join our team!
As a Family and Child Therapist with VCH you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary community team, to provide culturally appropriate individual, family and group counseling for children with multicultural backgrounds who display behavioural and emotional problems.
- Perform intake evaluations and assessments; develop culturally sensitive treatment and case management plans and participate in the collaborative process of developing and adjusting treatment plans and initiate and participate in case conferences/meetings with clients and family.
- Provide information to multicultural families and the general public, consult with other health providers, and collaborate with colleagues and liaises with schools, Ministry of Children and Family Development, physicians, community agencies, hospitals, and other service providers.
- Participate in committees, community initiatives, team meetings, continuing education and engage in on going team planning and quality improvement initiatives.
ABOUT THE MENTAL HEALTH CHILD & ADOLESCENT PROGRAM
The program provides assessment and treatment for children and youth 6 to 12 years of age, and their families, who are affected by serious mental health issues. Services include crisis response and suicide risk assessment interdisciplinary case management, school outreach, and counselling.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a behavioral science from a recognized program.
- Three (3) years recent, related experience working with children or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligibility for registration with appropriate Professional Association.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.